Please go through this list carefully to ensure that your manuscript is ready for submission. To download a PDF version of this checklist, click here.
Manuscript Final Editing
- Made sure that the manuscript conforms to the style outlined in Chicago and in the manuscript guidelines?
- Prepared a style list and anomalies sheet and checked the manuscript against them?
- Included all the parts listed in the guidelines?
- Confirmed the spellings of names and terms, the accuracy of dates and quotations, etc., mentioned in the text?
- Confirmed that the chapter titles (and subheadings) match the table of contents and all related cross-references?
- Checked that each footnote/endnote has a corresponding reference number in the text, and vice versa?
- Checked that the source citations in all footnotes/endnotes match the information in the bibliography?
- Edited all charts, lists, and tables thoroughly?
- Confirmed that all captions correspond to the proper images?
- Followed the electronic file preparation guidelines provided?
- Double-spaced the text?
- Used one-inch margins?
- Numbered the pages?
- Used Times New Roman font?
- Avoided complicated formatting (e.g., drop caps, small caps, bold text)?
- Inserted callouts in the manuscript to designate where images should be placed?
- Obtained permissions for all images and text under copyright?
- Prepared the permissions log for all copyrighted material?
- Sent the correct version of the manuscript?
- Included the style list and anomalies sheet with the manuscript?
- Supplied all images, tables, and captions (as separate files) in addition to the manuscript?
- Provided permissions letters and the permissions log with the manuscript?
Contact the Press as soon as possible with any questions or issues.